Finally, a tribute to the Violent Femmes. Lots of stuff to cover here, folks – pick something you can make your own!
More details to come, but here’s the nitty-gritty:
Deadline for entries – September 30, 2012
Email me to let me know what song you want to cover: openstage AT coverville DOT com
In addition, we’ll be using Kickstarter to release the tribute as an actual album! Money made from Kickstarter will pay for licensing, mastering and distribution, and any extra will go right to the performers.
Songs for this project can’t have been previously released, but if you want to release it on your own after the album has been produced, you certainly can.
Here’s what’s being planned so far (keep checking back and watch this list grow!):
- Kiss Off – (now available)
- I Held Her In My Arms – Zapruder Point
- Gone Daddy Gone – Brian Grosz
- I Hear The Rain – Mystery Performer
- Nightmares – John Dissed
- Out The Window – Jonah Knight
- Add it Up – Andrew Rothman
- Color Me Once – Knuckle Stitch
- Gimme The Car – Shimoda Air Force
- Blister in the Sun – Classy San Diego
- Good Feeling – Colin Principe
- Please Do Not Go – Ego Puppets
- Promise – James Ghofulpo
- Hallowed Ground – Scream Apparatus
- Hallowed Ground – Geoffrey Madden
- Country Death Song – Mike Andrews
- Breakin’ Up – Bongo Orkest
Keep in mind that more that one artist or group can cover a song – I’ll pick one version of each song to include on the album, but ALL tracks will be released to listeners and Kickstarter contributors.
Potential album titles:
- Why Can’t I Get Just One Cover: The Coverville Tribute to The Violent Femmes
- Kiss Off: The Coverville Tribute to The Violent Femmes